To celebrate this week's National Podcast Day, I'll take you inside my podcast app and show you every podcast I subscribe to and listen to regularly.
When Apple released iTunes 4.9 on June 28, 2005, I immediately started looking for these new things called podcasts. I quickly fell in love with the medium and ditched terrestrial talk radio in favor of the niche topics I could listen to in podcasts.
My podcasts subscriptions come and go, but I thought you'd like to see the list of podcasts I listen to as of September, 2014, in case you're looking for something new. Some of these podcasts have podfaded (no episode in six months), but I remain subscribed in hopes of new episodes someday.
- The Audacity to Podcast with Daniel J. Lewis [iTunes]
- Music Radio Creative's master feed with Mike an Izabela Russell [iTunes]
- Podcast Answer Man with Cliff J. Ravenscraft [iTunes]
- Podcast Quick Tips with Ray Ortega [iTunes]
- The Podcast Report with Paul Colligan [iTunes]
- The Podcaster's Studio with Ray Ortega [iTunes]
- Podcasters' Roundtable with Ray Ortega, Dave Jackson, and Daniel J. Lewis [iTunes]
- Podcast Help Desk with Mike Dell [iTunes]
- School of Podcasting with David Jackson [iTunes]
- Start Talking and Recording Today with Nick Seuberling [iTunes]
- The Podcasting Gear Show with Scott Roche [iTunes]
- Interview Connections TV with Jessica Rhodes [iTunes]
- The Feed with Elsie Escobar and Rob Walch [iTunes]
- Ask the Podcast Coach with David Jackson and Jim Collison [iTunes]
- The New Media Show with Todd Cochrane and Rob Greenlee [iTunes]
- She Podcasts with Elsie Escobar and Jessica Kupferman [iTunes]
- Podcast Reporter with Fred Castaneda [iTunes]
- Authority Engine with Ben Krueger [iTunes]
- Profitcast with The Real Brian [iTunes]
- Show Me Your Mic with Chris Enns [iTunes]
- Podcasting 101 with Jason Parsons [iTunes]
- Voice Over Experts with Stephanie Ciccarelli [iTunes]
- Focus on the Family Daily Broadcast (marriage-related episodes) with Jim Daly and John Fuller [iTunes]
- Focus on the Family: Focus on Marriage with Jim Daly and John Fuller [iTunes]
- Sexy Marriage Radio with Dr. Corey Allan and Shannon Ethridge [iTunes]
- Beyond the To-Do List with Erik Fisher [iTunes]
- The EntreLeadership Podcast with Dave Ramsey and Ken Coleman [iTunes]
- The Lede with Jerod Morris [iTunes]
- Social Media Marketing Podcast with Michael Stelzner [iTunes]
- ConversionCast with Tim Paige [iTunes]
- AskPat with Pat Flynn [iTunes]
- This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt [iTunes]
- Ray Edwards Podcast with Ray Edwards [iTunes]
- The Productive Woman with Laura McClellan [iTunes]
- Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing with Mignon Fogarty [iTunes]
- Get-It-Done Guy's Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More with Stever Robbins [iTunes]
- The Public Speaker's Quick and Dirty Tips for Improving Your Communication Skills with Lisa B. Marshall [iTunes]
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast with Pat Flynn [iTunes]
- 48 Days Podcast with Dan Miller [iTunes]
- Virtual Freedom with Chris Ducker [iTunes, retired]
- The Absolute Peach with Ben Young and Joseph Gallagher [iTunes]
- APM: A Praire Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon with Garrison Keillor [iTunes]
- Bell's in the Batfry with John Bell [iTunes]
- comedy4cast with Clinton Alvord [iTunes]
- That Story Show (formerly Nobody's Listening) with James Kennison and John Steinklauber [iTunes]
- the Ramen Noodle [Noodle.mx] with Daniel J. Lewis and Jeremy Laughlin [iTunes]
- Mr. Deity with Brian Keith Dalton, Jimbo Marshall, Sean Douglas, and Amy Rohren [iTunes, no longer a podcast]
- Good Mythical Morning with Rhett and Link [iTunes, no longer a podcast]
- Woot [iTunes, no longer a podcast]
- Onion Radio News with Joe Biden [iTunes, retired]
- Bible News Network with Chris Cowan, Chris Quandt, and Nate Henderson [iTunes, retired]
- Your NEW Favorite Show with Jamie & Christopher [iTunes, retired]
- Ask a Ninja with Douglas Sarine and Kent Nichols [iTunes, retired]
- Dilbert Animated Cartoons with Jim Cox and Michael Fry [iTunes, retired]
Technology and web design
- Adobe Creative Suite Video Podcast with Tim White [iTunes]
- Apple Keynotes [iTunes]
- The Boagworld Web Design Show with Paul Boag and Marcus Lillington [iTunes]
- CSS-Tricks Screencasts with Chris Coyier [iTunes]
- Fast Web Design Advice with Paul Boag [iTunes]
- Apply Filters with Brad Touesnard and Pippin Williamson [iTunes]
- The Upper Memory Block with Joe Mastroianni [iTunes]
- Your Website Engineer with Dustin R. Hartzler [iTunes]
- SassCast with Dale Sande [iTunes, retired]
- Are You Just Watching? with Eve Franklin [iTunes]
- Sci-Phi Show with Jason Rennie [iTunes]
- Under the Dome Radio with Wayne Henderson and Troy Heinritz [iTunes]
- Resurrection Revealed with Wayne Henderson and Troy Heinritz [iTunes]
- Welcome to Level Seven with Ben Avery and Daniel Butcher [iTunes]
- ONCE – Once Upon a Time podcast with Daniel J. Lewis, Jeremy Laughlin, Erin, Hunter Hathaway, and Jacquelyn [iTunes]
- All of the other Once Upon a Time podcasts
cgWerks • Steve Wilkinson says
Wow… that is a long list! Do you actually listen to most of the episodes or just pick interesting ones from each?
I just counted and after adding a couple from your list (thanks!) I’m up to 37. I listen to most of the episodes of them all, except for a few daily ones where I just pick the interesting ones.
A few I’d recommend you or others check out (I think you hit most of mine in the podcasting and business categories). I included some Christian apologetics favorites, as besides my website design business, that’s my other primary vocation/line of study.:
The Model Health Show – Shawn Stevenson
– absolutely amazing information from a guy who knows the science behind how the body works
Christian Apologetics (kind of the ‘why’ we believe, like theology is the ‘what’ we believe):
Stand to Reason Weekly Podcast – Greg Koukl
– if you can only listen to one, this is it. Greg is not only brilliant, but kind and respectful, and very quick on his feet in responding to live calls. You’ll not just learn responses, but the art of having discussions.
The Cold-Case Christianity Podcast – J. Warner (Jim) Wallace
– A real cold-case homicide detective shares his investigation of Christianity. Jim is a LA detective who has been featured in a number of famous cold-cases on Dateline, etc. He brings his detective skills to the examination of Christianity.
The Dividing Line – James White
– James White is one of the top and hardest working apologists and theologian around today. Especially important in the world we now face is his in-depth analysis and interaction with Islam and the Muslim world. He is respected enough to be invited to debate at mosques world-wide. He is also an expert on textual criticism and has debated people like Bart Ehrman; Calvinism, Mormonism, critique of Roman Catholicism, etc.
Also, I think your ‘Christianity’ label might be misplaced, as that looks more like a business category.
Daniel J. Lewis says
Oops! I somehow lost a few podcasts from that list.
Thanks for sharing yours!
essay-services-review com says
It should be good news that we are celebrate international podcast day. I think it help us to developed the podcast technology so more and we should be find more facilities from this science.